Microfiche Scanning & Conversion Service
As with microfilm scanning, The Windward Group has many decades of microfiche scanning experience. Located just north of New Orleans, we serve clients in Baton Rouge, throughout Louisiana, the Southeast and around the country.
We will scan all of your standard and long-jacketed HR records, engineering drawings, land records, and all other legacy microfiche documents. We will scan any format of microfiche, including jacketed film, COM fiche (COM), ultrafiche, step and repeat fiche, rewriteable fiche (AB Dick and Microx). We can also scan any microfiche format, including diazo, silver and vesicular.
The Microfiche Scanning Process
Once we receive your microfiche (ask us about our pick-up service), we will prep them, scan them, and convert your film into PDF, TIFF or any other digital format you need. You will have the option for full-text search via optical character recognition (OCR). We then upload these document images to your document management software or file server.
Benefits of Microfiche Scanning
If the only copy of your important documents are on microfiche, you run the risk of the jackets getting lost, getting damaged by floods or fire, and document retrieval can be a time-consuming and frustrating process. By having The Windward Group scan all of your microfiche, you will experience the following benefits:
- All documents on microfiche are instantly accessible: no more hunting through jacketed film on ancient microfiche reader/printers
- Disaster prevention and business continuity: you need not fear something destroying your information as long as you back up your digital images
- Instant image retrieval: especially useful during an audit
- You no longer need to maintain microfiche reader/printers: saves you money and headaches
- You can reclaim office space from reader/printers and boxes of microfiche
We have special expertise scanning microfiche for city, parish and county courts, oil & gas, education, and healthcare. We can also handle all of your microfilm, aperture card, paper document, and engineering drawing/plan scanning needs.